Fractions and Superscripts

Is there a way of writing say 1/10 (one tenth) or 2 to the power of 3 or metres cubed (m3) in ICAD Mtext or Dtext commands?I know you can write half ½ (Alt+0189) and quarter ¼ (Alt+188) but what about any other fraction?

Comments

• I don't know how to do it in text but here are here are two examples of fractions in mtext. Create an mtext and put this in it.something\H0.5x;{\A2;mtop}\A1;/bottom;\Smtop/bottom; \A1;\H2.0x;continueMtext formatting is rich but the interface at the moment only implements the basic features.regards, sanderbricsnet

• Are the Mtext formatting options documented anywhere?

• Not at our place. Normally the user interface should do it for you. at the moment In icad you have full access to the formatting codes , so one can try out.\S is for stacking{ } creates a group and limits the scope of the formatting codes inside it \A1; moves the text upwards\A2; moves the text upwards a bit more\H2x; scales the size, here it doubles it\f changes the fontregards, sander

• Thank you Sander,It works well enough except when using numbers with the stacked (\S) fraction such as 5 out of 10, the 5 gets the fraction line going through it. I tried to move the 5 up a bit using the codes above but couldn't do it. I used the Arial and txt font s with no success. The plot preview looked worse but it printed out as shown on the model space screen.I tried this:\fARIAL|b0|i0|c0|p34;something\H0.5x;{\A2;5}\A1;/10;\P\P\S5/10; \A1;\H2.0x;continueI use 2.2.0016c ICAD. It looks ok if you replace the numbers with capital letterseg: V instead of 5 and X instead of 10 in the stacked fraction above.Let me know if it works with your version.Best regardsAdelaide - South Australia

• I work with primarily architectural drawings and use stacked fractions.I have found that one can explode an architectural dimension then edit the code to reflect the desired fraction.however, there is a bit of crowding going on between the whole number and the fraction. does anyone know of a work around?thanks in Advance,Jefferson.

This discussion has been closed.