Plot orientation

Hi all,I've seen a couple of posts on the subject of plot orientation.We are now experiencing difficulties on plotting an A1 layout on a HP4000 printer with 24"paper roll, connected through a network. It seems to be impossible to get the plot in the correct orientation. But if the same plotter is connected through a parallel cables it works. Has anyone experienced something like this and knows a solution?TIA,Arno van Eeuwen

Comments

• No solution, only to add the comment that I think print orientation is one of those computer problems that will never, ever, be solved. It has been a problem for CAD work since the beginning.100 years from now, a draftsman is going to print out a holographic film of his work, only to be frustrated that the image is inside out.Joe Dunfee

• I had something similar (though not identical) with the new hp dj. Eventually, changing from "previous plot" to "current layout" at top right of plot dialogue box, along with leaving the plotter on all the time, I could get what I want every time. If I don't do both, results are unpredictable - wrong paper source, location off-centre...It's confusing having orientation in the Icad dialogue and in the printer setup, along with the option to autorotate which even now I can't remember comes from Icad or the printer software.My plotter requires the paper to always be inserted in portrate, but you're never quite sure how that translates back to the print setup... from Icad or any other print source.

• I have received a reaction from my colleague who was actually the person, fighting his HP4000 plotter:"Plotting is working when I plot directly (via network and direct cable). But the driver supplied by the network is the cause of the problems. I uninstalled the network plotter and after that the settings can be saved. It looks like Briscad has problems with the driver installed/supplied by the network, because Acad has no problems with this driver. But at least I can plot now."Hope this can be of any use to you all.Bricscad, does this report make any sense?Regards,Arno van Eeuwen

• Is there a way to change the default paper space sheet. Hopefully for both orientation and size. I do pretty much no work in portrait mode, and the program keeps defaulting to letter size-portrait. Even after I have set up sheets. This is most aggrevating.

This discussion has been closed.