printing/copying

I was curious about what equipment the CAD gurus out thereuse for their printing and copying needs. We currently printeverything on letter size sheets so we can use standard officeequipment for copying but now want to look into plotting on"full size" sheets. Just wanted to see what's out there.

Comments

• Hi Tim,I have an HP DesignJet 110 Plus which cost a little under $1000 new about 16 months ago. Got it because of the price and have been very happy with the performance. It actually will print a very good quality 24x36 drawing faster than my other printer prints an 11x17 sheet. All of my drawings are 24x36, so I didn't bother to get the optional roll-feed and instead have a stock of pre-cut sheets. Also, I had an extra table so I didn't bother with the stand either.One drawback is that the printer can be a little picky about how you load very thin paper. You need to be careful that it is absolutely straight or the machine will either reject it or mangle it. I use heavy weight bond paper unless I need a print I can see through (like a tracing.)The printer does not make copies. If I only need a few extra copies of something I'll run extra prints. If I need a whole bunch of copies I'll go to a service bureau.

• PS - I should also report that after the warranty period expired I had to have a repair made. It cost a stock price of about $350 for an HP person to get here and fix it. I was not impressed with the service I got and the price for the repair was a little high, but the machine was fixed and is running well again. Despite that, I'm still happy with it. -- Consider getting an extended warranty if you consider this printer.

This discussion has been closed.