edgy eft

I have made a upgrade from ubuntu dapper to edgy and now b4l not the run..."tech@tech:~/bricscad$ ./icadwine: could not load L"Z:\home\tech\bricscad\icad.exe.so": Bad EXE format for"any idea?ciaog

Comments

• I think it is wise to keep running on Dapper. Dapper is there for a stable platform (with long term support) and edgy is with cutting edge technologies and more for testing purpose. I tested edgy but found it not stable enough for a productive workstation. The release after 7.04 (feisty fawn) will be the next really stable release.

• Curiosity killed the cat .... fortunately I am trying edgy on a test PCciaog

• You will have to use Wine version <=0.9.17.This is a known problem and we will have to wait for a new version update to be able to work with Bricscad on newer Wine versions.When will that happend I really don't know. Maybe someone from Bricscad could tell us?Best regards, Ljubo

• with wine 0.9.17 it runs perfectly thanksciaog

• Hello Graziano,Can i conclude that installation in edgy is the same as in dapper, only you have to have an older wine version?Greets Emiel

• excused I have seen this post only today, Yes it is the sameciaog

• You can have Edgy with wine from Dapper. Anyway, new version of BricsCAD works in Edgy too.

This discussion has been closed.