have lost predefined lightnings, materials...

Hello,I have just installed BricscadV7 (after uninstall BricscadV5) and i notice some peculiar things.-Concerning the lightning command, i have lost the dialog box in wich we have "predifined lightning". It was easy for choosing a type of lightning without to adjust all the parameters...-Idem for materials-Idem for background in render command ...Ideas ? Thx - R Stas

Comments

• ERRATANot Lightning, but Lighting ...R. Stas

• Starting with V7 these dialogs have indeed been modified. This is because V7 uses a different the render engine. The current DaVinci rendering module is much more powerful than the previous Lightworks module. Arguably previous dialog boxes were somewhat simpler because you could only chose one of the limited predefined settings. I'm sure you'll find that selecting backgrounds or choosing a lighting scheme is pretty straightforward with the new interface. (Note that the new dialogs also include predefined settings.) Following commands will launch the appropriate dialogs:_BACKGROUNDS_LIGHTING_SETRENDERThey can of course also be reached via the Rendering Tool bar.Although I haven't used this DaVinci rendering module extensively, I believe it is a far better and more reliable tool than the previous one. Even if some controls seem complex and daunting they are consistent.

• Thanx for the explanationRichard Stas

This discussion has been closed.