Lineweight

Got a problem with defining lineweight when building a new layer.For instance, to get weight of 0.25, you have to write 0.01To get weight of 0.40, you have to enter 0.016, and so on. There is a factor of 0.25 for getting the right value.I just upgraded to ver 7.1.0010, but never checked if this behaviour presisted in previous versions.

Comments

• Off the top of my head it sounds like a metric/imperial problem - sure you haven't got something set to inches somewhere? 0.40mm is 0.016inches...

• No. We work with metric units for years. Actually this is the only system we work with.

• I'm curious, is the lineweight discrepency seen when printed or 'on screen' only? Is it possible under drawing settings/entity creations/polyline or trace width set at less than 1(say 0.25)?

• I think the problem has to do with conversion of units. When you define a new layer, and try to enter line weight for that layer, let's say 0.09, you are prompted that the line weight will be rounded to 2.11 . To enter the wanted line weight, you have to calculate the "LW" by dividing the number by 25. For instance, if you want to get a "LW" of 0.25, You have to enter 0.01 So I guess that in the case of line weight the units is inches rather then mm, even if the prompt is telling you otherwise.

This discussion has been closed.