Continuing Problems with HP DesignJet Printing

Just yesterday I downloaded the latest version of Bricscad. I have continually found that Bricscad will not print out 24"x36" plots on my DesignJet 500 Plotter. I have brought this issue up to Support twice and was told that the future upgrade was addressing this problem. Nw with the latest upgrade I am not able to select a 24"x36" print size and the "properties" dialogue for HP Design Jet 500 with Hp\PGL card does not respond. In addition, .pc3 files yield a message of 'unable to recognize file type' I've also received the 'Bricscad error message requiring shut down of Bricscad.' Of what use is the best CAD program in the world if you can't print your drawings??

Comments

• I have the following driver installed:HP Designjet HP-GL/2 Raster Driverfor Windows 2000, Windows 2003 Server and Windows XPVersion number: 6.11I created a PC3 file in which I defined the Custom 1 size to be 24"x36". I could then select this papersize in the Paper Size list on the Bricscad Print dialog.Can you check whether you are using the same driver version? Maybe a driver update might solve your problem.

• Thanks! I've been updating using HP's site for drivers for the past year with very poor results for plotting. I've been printing to 22"x34" paper size as my only option with the scale of my drawings slightly compromised. I did a thorough Google search and found a "Winline driver" site and this has made all the difference. The configuration parameters are slightly different but the important specifications of paper size, limits, and color/black and white are there....

• I know I had trouble printing Arch E 36 x 48 after they "improved" the drivers one time on my DJ500. To get the Arch E, I needed to set up a custom drawing and use the Arch E template. I think there is one for Arch D (24 x 36) there also

This discussion has been closed.