Layer display

I have a drawing with an XREF that I turn most of the layers of the XREF off to make my drawing. It looks Fine in AutoCAD LT 2002 or 2005.In Bricscad V7.1.0011 a few of the layers that I have off display anyway. I have verified in Bricscad explorer that the layers are off and frozenAny idea why this happening?

Comments

• Not sure I understand parent and child.Building ile I am using as the XREF was generated by someone else. I make a new drawing and have building as an XREF. I set the visibility of the layer in my new drawing.

• We are experiencing a similar problem with xreferenced drawings as follows:1- we have several independent drawings that contain the data to build a layout sheet2- we create a new drawing file to build the drawing sheet in paper space and insert in model space the drawings indicated in item 1- as xreferences3- once the drawings are inserted in MS we change to PS and we create several viewports to build the layout. In the process we turn on and off several layers to create the appropriate view4- if we turn off the viewport frame by turning off the layer where it resides and attempt to change the location or size by pan or zoom the drawings withing the viewport seems to disappear, this does not happen while the viewport frame is visible5- We are then required to create a bind of the external references for delivery and thus we follow the following procedure: a- we go into the xref manager and bind all references b- to clean the resulting drawing we purge the drawing by using the purge/all/all, we normally do this twice in case something was left after the first purge c- we then save the drawing and all the sudden all the layer management is lost and all the layers are turned on. If we omit the purge part and save before purging, turn off the program and restarted and open the drawing again then it seems to workI would also like to point out that saving a layer status is of little help as when restoring it regens the drawing one layer at a time and for a medium to large drawing becomes painfully slow, it would be far better if the restore procedure would read all layer's status, set it up and then do one single regen for the whole drawing.Best Regards,José

• Is that in the parent dwg or the child? Layer settings in the child mirror those in the parent when you first create the child, but then the layer states are independent.

• Is the child the XREF?I set the layers in my main drawing not the XREF.

• The child is the new dwg. If you set layers in the child, my suggestion is not the cause of your problem. Check also the layer/s you refer to is not "XXXX", but "XREF|XXXX". Just a suggestion.

• In our case all information in plan view of a project is held in a single drawing, that is, if we have a multistory building the architectural, electrical, etc drawings are all kept in a single large drawing, then, when we build a drawing sheet we create a new drawing, we xref the drawing with the plan information in Model Space and change to PS to turn on only the layers needed to build the layout in PS, that is we use the layer control by viewportBest Regards,Jose

• I have virtually the same situation with mechanical services dwgs.I either xclip the xrefed dwg in multiple child dwgs, or create multiple ps-layouts all in the one file.I have done it in the past (before multiple layouts came along) the way you describe and had no trouble although others sometimes "lost" the contents of my viewports when they opened my files. Lately I don't think that happens.Using the multiple layout method, I recently worked out how vplayer works and I have to thaw all layers in modelspace and selectivley freeze/thaw vplayers in each vport. Not sure if it behaves the same way with an xref or not, I think you are saying it doesn't.

• I have the layer XREFxxxx off and frozen in the main child drawing yet the layers still display.Drawing displays fine in AutoCAD LT 2002 and 2005.

This discussion has been closed.