bug fix list

What happened to the bub fix lis that used to be available somewhere on this site. It was a handy reference as to the history of fixes in the past and status of current version fixes and enhancements. This would help greatly to see if downloading current version warrents the long time needed to download. Would it be possible to be on an email list so that when fixes become availabel online we can be notified.Thanks

Comments

• The history.txt shows (01-03-2001) -adapted running snaps in shift-rightclick - and I thougt the pop0 bug had been fixed, so I downloaded 17b; but it is not, it is still impossible to use the pop0 menu. And if you export the menu that comes with Icad and import it back, without any change, transparent middle button esnaps will not work either...Another question: does exporting toolbars only work with tools that have custom bitmaps, and not for comands that use the standard icad icons? When I tried to import a toolbar that I had exported, only the tools with custom bitmaps showed, for the others that used normal icad icons - not a bmp - icad shows a message that the file "(null)" was not found and replaces the original icon for the default icon. Is this correct, or am I missing something?ThanksAndre

• Running snaps in shift-rightclick are corrected in build 2.2.0017b. As a matter of fact only the POINT option didn't work, which is definitely fixed now.

• Well I assummed that the customised pop0 would be fixed as well. I think it should as a matter of urgency.As for question 2: I get the same problem so I gave up with exporting the tool bars. I make them up again each time I install ICAD. I support a large number of clients. This gets really annoying after the 10th time of manually fixing toolbars especially when a new release comes out within 2 weeks of the last.Andreas from Down Under

• Sorry, perhaps it is my poor english, but I don't understand, is the customized pop0 working in 17b, or not? Or how can I put new transparent commands in the menu that appears when I press the middle button ( with mbuttonpan off)? Perhaps I made some mistake in my instalation/ configuration, but I can't get it to work. Again, am I missing something? The same customization a have been using since Icad 98 and all previous releases of Icad2000, until version 210014, I think.Thanks for any help.Andre.

• The problem is that the feature you guys are asking for is undocumented - appearently Bricsnet does not know what you are talking about at all. This is clear from Louis Verdonck's reply. I fooled around a bit and found a way to solve the problem: 1. In Tools>Customize>Menus>Settings>Entity Snap, locate the part of the section that contains transparent commands. Note that there are two sets of Entity snaps in this section, the last set is the one visible when another command is active (transparent). Add whatever command you want to have as transparent through the shift+right-click menu here (e.g. 'rtzoom).2. Close Intellicad3. Start regedit (Windows>Start>Run>Regedit). Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Bricsnet\IntelliCAD\Menu. Locate the menu item(s) you just added. Be aware of duplicate entries, since two sets of esnaps exist even here. Only the last set is transparent. The item(s) probably are located around item 200.4. Change the item's Visibility from 0x0000006e(110) to 0x0000046e(1134)5. Restart Intellicad.This item now appears only when called transparently. If you want it available even outside another command, add a duplicate entry to the menu section (this is how the Esnaps are structured).

• Thank you, Andreas, but I would not say that it is "a feature that I am asking for" - importing pop0 menu or customizing the entity snaps section manually worked with Icad98 and 2000, and for some reason that I do not understand, bricsnet changed it , making it difficult to achieve somethig that was simple - editing registry should not be necessary, it is complicated and some say dangerous. I agree with somebody here in this forum that says that things worked better in the "old days" with simple understandable ini files. Anyway, thank you again, I will try your suggestion.Andre

• I can hardly disagree with you it was better the way things were with the "pop0" menu. I suppose Bricsnet could add a toggle for menu item visibility type, so that registry editing would not be necessairy. I'm not holding my breath...BTW, you are mixing up myself and Andreas Vasiliou in your post. Regards,Asbjørn

• Oops, sorry for the names mixing up. Anyway, I found out that it is not necessary to edit the registry, it is possible to do the following:1. Tools>Customize>Menus>Settings>Entity Snap, locate your commands.2. Export the new menu to a icm file3. Open the icm file with notepad, and change the visibility for the commands you have added from "110"created by icad menu export to "1134"(Visibility=110 >> Visibility=1134)Commands with visibility 110 appear if you are not in the middle of a command, those with 1134 are transparent. Almost as editng the old ini files, without the danger of doing some mistake in the registry...4. Back to Icad, import the icm file (uncheck append) and you will be able to use the shift-right with your customized commands.The saved icm file can be used when future releases are installed, or distributed to other computers.I figured out the 110 and 1134 because the duplicate default esnaps show this numbers.Andre

• Be aware that the icm file is a direct reflection of the registry entries. Editing the icm file is no less (or more) risky than editing the registry directly. You will recognize the visibility numbers you mention in my post above.

This discussion has been closed.