plotting with merge control

I'm using V7 and don't get the option for merge control in the plotter configuration. I need to turn lines merge on so that lines behind hatching don't get blotted out. Anybody else experience this?

Comments

• I've had similar issues. However, my understanding is that this is something only controled by the printer driver itself. So, if the printer manufacturer doesn't provide support for this in their driver, it is not possible.(someone please correct me if I am wrong)Joe Dunfee

• There is certainly a fuzzy line there between print driver and CAD software. but I was able to activate this option in ACAD 2002 with the same printer and driver. Oh well, guess the draworder just became more critical.

• I found a setting:In the page setup properties dbox in the config tab press the properties button for the Plotter configuration.(We use an HP 1050C plotter config)A dbox "Potter Config Editor ... by HP" opens up.In the Settings tab press "+ Graphics"The last property is "Merge Control".In V7 trial I couldn't get it to "stick" on "Lines Merge", I'm trying v8 beta, I hope it works.

• I just tried, and no, it doesn't seem to work.

This discussion has been closed.