Customize right-click menu

V6.2.0024, When I select an entity and right click on the mouse, up pops a menu of available functions. How do I eliminate the Print function from the right-click menu? I was instructed how to do it years ago with V4 but can't find my notes and a forum seach turns up nothing.Thanks!

Comments

• It's in the Settings>Entity Snap menu. Add or delete what you want there and save the menu as something - you can always revert it to default but don't want to lose changes.

• John, I don't see anyting in the Settings>Entity Snaps menu that will modify the right-click menu functions. When I select an entity, and then right-click on my mouse, a menu appears with various options such as Print, Delete, Move, Copy, etc. I want to get rid of Print because I keep tripping over it when I want to select Delete. Quite frankly, I'm not sure why anyone would ever want to Print from the right-click menu anyway.

• Sorry, my description was incomplete. Open "customize" > Menus > &Settings > &Entity Snap. You should see there the offending menu item. I take Print out as well - the number of times I have printed something instead of moving it... I replaced it with Delete.

• John, I think I am missing something here. Using the process you describe, I find I can modify entity snap functions in the Entity Snap submenu of the Settings menu which is accessible from the menu bar. It doesn't seem to relate at all to the menu that pops up when you right-click your mouse button after selecting an entity. Sorry for being so pesky, but accidently hitting "print" every time I want to "delete" an entity is really annoying. I recall that modifying the right-click menu wasn't too difficult once you know where to go.

• Ah, I'm thinking of the menu which pops up on the middle button.The one on the right mouse button is the &Modify menu item, edit the same way as the snap menu.My fault.

• Success! Many thanks, John!

• Yes I agree with removing "Print" option. I have always remove it from the menu. And added what i consider is more useful, a "Cancel" option, in top of the list.

This discussion has been closed.