Bricscad finally working - Debian Etch

Finally got v6.0.20 working using wine 0.9.39 fromdeb http://wine.budgetdedicated.com/apt etch main #WineHQ - Debian 4.0 "Etch"if anyone is interested

Comments

• I also got v6.0.20 working w/ wine 0.9.33-Oubuntu using kubuntu 7.04 (Feisty Fawn) (KDE 3.5.6)Unfortunately, this version of Bricscad does not seem to support images, on which I depend heavily, so I know I won't be able to use the linux version of Bricscad until a later release.I have only worked with the linux version of the program for a little while, so my impressions have not been well tested. Impression 1: much faster than windows version at opening the program and opening and displaying files. Impression 2: Will not slow as much or crash as easily with very dense drawings. I have had to split some files up because it got to the point where I couldn't open them at all under windows. Those files will open under the linux version and I can do basic drafting one them. Slow, but usable. Impression 3: I can still crash the program, just as I can with the windows version, but it takes a little more effort.All in all, I'm impressed and await a later and (hopefully) linux-native version of Bricscad. Currently, it is not really useful, but is very promising.

This discussion has been closed.