VBA

V2.2.0016c...I removed the directories containingvisual basic stuff in an attempt to free up some diskspace...I don't use VB for anything...Since then,Icad complains at load time that it cannot findVBA6.MSI and tries to find it. I click on the CANCELto the find operation. Instead of continuing to loadICAD cause an error and quits....Is there a commandswitch for ICAD.EXE that bypasses the VB search...ie: ICAD.EXE /?

Comments

• On windows systems, you should never delete yourself an installed program (unless the installset is broken).you can correct the situation by going to the "Add/Remove programs", and from wihtin the "Modify dialog" from the IntelliCAD item, uncheck "VBA".

• Thank you for the reply but the directions would not work.In the Control Panel/ Add Remove Programs list there weretwo Bricsnet IntelliCads present and neither one presenteda VBA uninstall option....I removed one of the BrisnetIcads from the list by following the Regedit procedure asoutlined in another post but still no VBA uninstall option....so I ran a FileMonitor program to track whereIcad stalled and it turned out to be in the directory;"\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\VBA"Being brave and/or reckless, I just deleted that wholedirectory and ran Regclean twice. After that, Icad ranjust fine again....I'd like to point out that the Uninstall routines inWindows rarely work, especially when it comes to thingsthat are supposedly shared...like VBA. I see a build-upof unused DLLs and Registry entries creating animpossible task for clean up. The nicest programs arethose that don't use the Registry and simply install ina directory of your choice. Create a shortcut and you'reready to go. With these, uninstall is simply a matterof removing the shortcut and the directory....Done! nofuss, no muss. I know...people complained about allthose *.INI files...well...what have we now?

This discussion has been closed.