Programming in BricsCad

Hello,I have got two questions about programming in BricsCad. I am quite unexpierienced with than except for being able to write some lines in VBA.The first question is: Does BricsCad V7 support other programming languages besides Lisp and VBA? Does it support .NET, C++ or C#?The second one is: What are the important differences between V7 and V8?Sincerely,Peter

Comments

• I orignally purchased v6 to program in VBA, but afterwards found out that the VBA was not compatable with the way AutoCAD vba was done. Furthermore there was little documentation in BriscCAD regarding VBA. Also, there was no LISP editor, so that was a very difficult option as well.V8 of BricsCAD made it compatable with VBA programs originally written for AutoCAD. Thus, you could purchase a book for VBA in AutoCAD, and use it for training to program in BriscCAD.I don't know about the .NET or C. Joe Dunfee

• Look at post below for example C# code using marshaling. This is for V8 only. Most of the ACAD code you find on the web using .NET will work after some tweaking of references and eliminating as yet unsupported methods. A lot of the code for ACAD uses transaction manager, I don't know if this is something I just can't find or if this is more of a tool that hasn't been encapsulated yet. I'm pretty new to .NET stuff.

This discussion has been closed.