Toolbar for macro

I'm trying to create a toolbar for a macro.I'm running into 2 problems.1)In V7 you could use the command "^C^C^C_-vbarun;ItemsInBlocksToLayer" to call a macro.In V8 it only starts the _vbarun console. in that dialog you have to actualy run the correct macro. No use for a toolbar in that case.2)How can you add an icon to the tool? Simply refering to the location on your harddrive (e.g. c:\icons\MyIcon.bmp) does not work. Can someone help me with this?

Comments

• Concerning question 2)The Customize Dialog is currently not yet able to display custom icons. This will be implemented in the near future.However if you enter the full path to the icon, the toolbar button or menu item should display it. If you only enter the filename, the menu item or toolbar button should display it if the icon can be found in the support file search path. If this is not the case, we would appreciate it if you could enter a support request with the cui file and icon attached.

• My apologies on item 2.It was a typing mistake. Would it be possible to enable pasting of text in the CUI editor?

• You can now paste text into the 'Image' property at the bottom of the Customize Dialog. (you can paste in any property that accepts text.)

• I got it to work...I think I ran into a "random feature". I was unable to paste text in the editor. However your remark made me decide to restart Bricscad again.After that I was able to paste and the toolbar was created as wanted it to. (direct call of the function without dialogs in between).I'm afraid I don't know what caused the behavior before. Thank you for your afford.

• Concerning question 1)In order to launch the desired macro -vbarun expects following format PROJECTNAME.MODULENAME.MACRONAMEe.g. myVBAProject.Module1.ItemsInBlocksToLayerYou can first test it on the command line by copying the following 'Lisp command string' to the command line:(command "-vbarun" "myProject.myModule1.ItemsInBlocksToLayer")Once it works you could the following command tag to you customization cui: <Command> ^c^c^c(command "-vbarun" "myProject.myModule1.ItemsInBlocksToLayer") </Command>

This discussion has been closed.