Lisp error messages

Could anyone from the Bricscad development team please publish a list of Lisp error messages and what they mean? In Bricscad v8. For example: ***LTE Lisp Exception : _execStringThe list doesn't have to be pretty or complete,at least until a more complete developer's manual is published.

Comments

• Bricscad V8 uses a new Lisp engine (named LTE) which is implemented as a separate dll as opposed to V7, where it was (too) closely intertwined with the core of the application.The "_execString" error Message means that there is- either an exception inside the Lisp engine- or, the exception happens "below" the Lisp engine, that is: inside the Bricscad core or in the underlying ODA DwgDirect libs.In other words, this points to a Bricscad internal error, not an error in your application.We would much appreciate if you provide us with some code that is known to trigger the exception, we will fix it with priority.FYI: this above explanation can also be found in the knowledgebase at http://www.bricsys.com/common/knowledge/topic.jsp?id=217

• Excellent. I see that the knowledge base is being updated to include v8 issues. I'll be sure to check it out before posting in future. I'm still exploring the interactions between my rather large library of lisps and Bricscad. I'll be posting several questions in the next few days.

• Dear Yaacov,just some additions to Hans' comments :1. whenever you encounter ***LTE Lisp Exception : _execStringplease try to make a reproducable Lisp test file (don't worry on how easy or how complex it is ... I'm quite experienced to analyse even MByte sized user Lisp :-))and send us such code so we can reproduce ...It is extremely important, that such internal exceptions should never happen ...2. beside point 1., we are currently working on a safe solution for the Lisp engine, to correctly recover from such exceptions ... this might take a short time (1...4 weeks)But we also see no other option than to enable the Lisp engine to recover from such severe errors properly ... then, that "bad ghost" of "Lisp Exception" is gone, mainly.Many greetingsTorsten

• Thanks! I'll try to comply. Lisp is very important to us.

This discussion has been closed.