block library

i would like to have a pulldown menu with a block library. Is this possible in Bricscad?Thank you for any answers.nuno, from Portugal

Comments

• Yes that's possible but you'll have to write such a menu.Did you have a look at the 'Drawings' sub-window in V8 Drawing Explorer (bottom left)This allows you to point to a directory (on your system or even on the network). If you point this to your favorite blocks location I believe you get more than a 'static' Blocks Menu...Using this Windows Explorer Tree you navigate through your library, get a preview of the drawings, open them for edit, or import them as a block into your active drawing...

• That is no solution.If you want to insert a block, that will fit a certain scale, a certain layer defined with color and so on, the best way is by code written in the Menu. I have such a menu with slides and all, that works fine with Ver 7. Problem is with Ver 8. I choose the block by way of pointing at a slide, only to get a path error. The same block will be inserted manually without any error prompt.Raam.

• could anyone at Bricsys try to solve Raam's issue with v8 and share the outcome to the rest of us? ;-) it would be a nice christmas gift...nuno

• Raam, A reason I can come up with for insert filenames not being accepted is that V8 does not yet support quotes around the blockname. But V7 didn't do that either. Maybe it's best if you create a supportrequest and attach the menu file. As for slide menus, we reimplemented the imagemenu support in the CUI menu file format. See knowledgebase item 205.kind regards, Alexander Van Heuverzwyn

This discussion has been closed.