uninstall 2.2.0010/install 2.2.0016

I was unable to uninstall 2.2.0010 using Windows add/remove programs interface in Windows 2000. I would click the remove program button, and a couple of seconds later would be told that Intellicad 2000 was successfully INSTALLED! Finally in frustration I just installed the newer version in the Bricsnet folder. Perhaps I will regret that... Anyway does anyone have any idea why this happened and how I can properly remove the old version?Thanks,Nick

Comments

• Some versions before 2.2.0013 had a problem with uninstalling. To ensure that users could update to new versions, we decided to let versions from 2.2.0013 install next to the uninstallable version. However, it is wise to delete the program folder of IntelliCAD manually before doing so, or install the new version in another folder. In that case, you must be aware that the shortcuts to the program on your system might point to the wrong version...If you did not go through this actions, we don't expect that you will run into problems, but if you really want to be sure, delete the program folder once more, and choose the 'Repair' option, after opening the installset from 'Add/Remove Programs'.Anyway, a patch to uninstall the old version is in the making.Sorry for the inconvenience,Bert Bruynooghe,developer for Bricsnet.

• Thanks for your reply.I have just done as you suggested: Deleting the .0010 files and reinstalling .0016 in a new folder. Using the repair option in Add/Remove does nothing at this point. My only concern is that my registry may becoming screwed up. Is there anything yu would recommend to deal with that. Other than that everything seems to work.Nick

• Normal, nothing stored in the registry is likely to cause any troubles. However, you will always have the old uninstallable version mentioned in your add/Remove program list, unless you edit the registry manually or wait for our patch. If yu know how to edit the registry, you can delete this key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall{0B009F1F-4C09-11D4-B092-00C04FA0610A}The only effect of this will be that the old entry in Add/Remove programs will disappear.Kinf regards,Bert Bruynooghe.

This discussion has been closed.