Downloading updated Batch Plot utility?

A while back, when v8 was still in Beta, I was sent a version of the Batch Plot utilities (done as both VBA and Lisp). However, it creates an error message now, so I wonder if there is a new version available.I tried the download area, including the "utilities" area, and it wasn't there.Joe Dunfee

Comments

• If you installed Bricscad in the default location, this sample code will have been installed in C:\Program Files\Bricsys\Bricscad\API\Vba\Samples.Updates to sample code will be installed along with application updates.In case you still get an error message with the installed sample code, please enter a support request and specify the message and the V8 version number you are using.

• The VBA directory doesn't exist in my API directory. Joe Dunfee

• There's a lisp file at c:\Program Files\Bricsys\Bricscad\API\Lisp\Samples\batchplot.lspI haven't tried it yet.

• To install the VBA samples: 1. make sure you use a recent V8 build like e.g. V8.0.16. 2. From the Windows Config panel select Add or Remove programs and click on the Bricscad V8 entry. Opt to Modify the installation, and make sure the checkbox next to VBA Samples is set. Do not uncheck items that you want to keep, they would be uninstalled. Click the Next button and complete the installation.

• The VBA samples option was not checked in the install routine (though I don't think I had done this myself... it was apparently a default)But, after installing it and running the program, I get an error "Compile error, Ambiguous Name detected: Application" on this line; For Each dwgObj In Application.DocumentsJoe Dunfee

• To remove the ambiguity you can use the more specific AcadApplication instead of Application

• The changing of Application to AcadApplication does not work. Simply changing it gives a "type mismatch" error. I have been playing with the code trying to figure out the new object model. I have a fully functional V7 batch plot program, but I am struggling with V8 to get everything changed over.

• I have been strugling to understand other VBA programs that use the "Application" statment.If I use the autocomplete featurein VBA, I see that two fields come up when I start to type "Application". Perhaps two separate references loaded into VBA are causing this?The references I have loaded are; Visual Basic for Applications Bricscad App 1.0 Type Library OLE Automation Microsoft Forms 2.0 Object Library Bricscad DB2.4 Type Library_Joe Dunfee

• I have replaced Application.ActiveDocument with BricscadApp.AcadApplication.ActiveDocumentand AcadDocument with BricscadApp.AcadDocument.in the example code and that works.(I have Autcad installed as well and had the same 'ambiguity' problems)Arno van Eeuwen

This discussion has been closed.