Deleting layers in V8

I sent this comment/request in to Bricsys Support 3 weeks ago and have never recieved a reply. In previous versions of Bricscad you could delete ANY layer from a drawing. If there were any objects on that layer you were given the option of cancelling, delete the layer and all objects on that layer, or moving those objects to another layer and then deleting that layer. This is a very nice feature that is no longer available in Bricscad V8. It's worth keeping V7 just for this feature. Will this feature ever come back in V8?

Comments

• If you didn't even receive an automatic reciept from your message, it's likely it was not received. This website is occasionally inaccessable.

• I received an autoreply from Bricsys Support the same day I sent in the support request. I never recieved an actual reply to my question. I realize that version 8 is taking a lot of their resources right now, but they are usually very responsive. After 3 weeks I can only assume they've lost the support request. I'll try again. Maybe between the support request and the forum I will get some kind of response from them.

• The feedback on V8 is huge indeed, sometimes it's hard to keep up with the pace, thanks for your understanding.This feature was not added yet because the V7 code concerned could not be migrated. Also, though the tool was very handy and usually worked fine, the complex code behind it was considered rather tricky.Rewriting it is a job that will take several weeks, given the numerous demands, we have rescheduled it to the first quarter of 2008.

This discussion has been closed.