Custom AutoCAD Toolbars did not import correctly

After 23 years of using AutoCAD I’m tying to give up my “Screen Menu” and use a combination of “POP” Menus and Toolbars compatible with BricsCAD.I’ve created a group of tool bars in AutoCAD 2004 to insert pipe & valve symbols or actual size blocks.The tool bars did not translate correctly when importing into BricsCAD v8.1.6. (I’ve not tried this with any of the older versions.)I use the same tool bar icon for multiple actions (in separate toolbars), such as insert symbol at a scale factor or at each of the pre-drawn block sizes. It looks like the import process treats the tool bar icon as unique and uses the first accordance of a toolbar icon’s command for all of the following locations that use that icon. Do I have to create uniquely named icon for everything?I also notice that not all of my icons load. Is there a limit to the number of icons I can add? I could load only 30 icons. If I try to edit the missing icons in the “Customize” dialog box, I can see the icon I want but nothing changes.When adding a “Toolbar Flyout” I see no place to define the icon that needs to appear in the tool bar. How do I control which icon will appear at the toolbar’s flyout button location?Editing the menu files for AutoCAD in a text editor is much easier that working with the Customize dialog box. From a brief look into the “.cui” file I see that there is no easy opportunity to edit that file for quick development of a large customized package. Can I hope for the import function be improved?

Comments

• Yes, we are interested in improving our import function for acad mnu files. If you could enter a support request and attach the mnu file, we can investigate and fix the import so that you don't have to change anything. About the flyout toolbar icon: Bricscad always takes the first icon of the flyout toolbar at startup, and after that always the last used icon from the flyout toolbar. The feature 'ownIcon' is not yet supported.

• I tried the latest release, v8.1.14, and the multiple use of icons is now fixed. Good job folks! Thank You.Now for the bad news:None of the flyout tool bars importI can recreate the flyout link to the intended tool bar and that will work but if the intended flyout toolbar is a collection of other flyout toolbars then nothing happens. Editing the .cui files is still a major problem.Something I noticed this time is that when you choose an icon image from the "Select bitmap file" dialog box, the program does not keep the path. So it will not accept the icon image. If you manually edit the .cui file then the icon image can be found.Any suggestions?

• Indeed, after selecting a bitmap file, the dialog should store the full path. Thanks for posting this, it will be corrected soon.About nested flyouts: Bricscad V8 does not support flyouts that link to toolbars that also contain flyouts.

This discussion has been closed.