Plot to file in version 8

Hello again,I have a OCE TDS400 set up to print to file, when I print inside version 8 it asks for a file name when printing but does not ask where to locate the file (it just places it in the main Bricsys folder.Is there a way to have it ask for a folder to save to?Regards,David

Comments

• You can change the default folder for saving plot files to, in Settings > ProgramOptions > Files > PrinterSupport > PlotOutputPath.And you can override that default setting and save one plot file to a different folder, by typing the file path ahead of the file name. If the file path is too long to type, you can go to the Address box at the top of the folder in Windows Explorer or My Computer and Ctrl-C copy it, then Ctrl-V paste it into the Output File Name box.

• Thank you Anthony for the reply, I have tried what you suggested and set the plot file path to a folder on my desktop, but it is still only plotting to the program folder. I tried your other suggestion of putting in the full path and this worked.Thanks again,David

• Hmmm... It works for me. But I see now that it only works after I do a Page Setup and click on the Edit Plotter Configuration button, and then save changes to the Plotter Configuration File. It might be easier to type in the path.

• A few weeks ago, I filed a bug report regarding this issue, saying the Plotoutput Path was nog saved. The default path: the Bricscad program folder, was used instead. In the current beta release the problem seems to be solved. Therefore it should work correctly in the next release.

This discussion has been closed.