Customizing Right Click

Could someone enlighten me as to the procedure for customizing what happens when the right mouse button is clicked. Currently the default is set to REPEAT, and if an entity is selected a menu appears. I would like to have a menu appear regardless of whether an entity is selected, and secondly, I would like to customize which commands appear in that menu.Thank you.

Comments

• Please have a look at this knowledge base article:http://www.bricsys.com/common/knowledge/topic.jsp?id=227Let us know if it didn't answer your question.

• Thank you. That is exactly what I wanted.I find it interesting that I didn't come across this topic when I executed a search for "right-click".Thanks again.

• I see now....At first I didn't make the connection, and for some reason, I never thought to search the Knowledge Base, just the forums.

• THe link did not work for me but I think I found the article. It lists SHORTCUTMENU and 0,1,2,4.My problem is I would like 1 and 2 on at the same time but it appears to be an either or command.Is there a way to have both on?

• You give SHORTCUTMENU the sum of the menus you want to be able to pop up. To enable 1 and 2, but disable 4, give it a value of 3. If you want to be able to use all 3, give it a 7.If you mean that you want the commands of both the Default (1) and the Edit (2) context menu to all appear when you right-click, you have to use Tools > Customize and follow the instructions at http://www.bricsys.com/common/knowledge/topic.jsp?id=138

• Sorry, I see now that Topic 138 says it doesn't apply to v8. But by experimenting you can figure out how to customize the context menus. Pull down Tools > Customize, and find the Context Menus section under the Main Menus in the Menus tab. Right-click at the point in the menu where you want to add or remove a command.The only context menus I know how to pop up are Default, Edit, Command, and Entity Snap. Topic 227 tells how to make each of those pop up. I don't know what the other context menus are for.

• They should add the adding up to get multiple menus to the knowledge base write up. I now have it set at 7Thanks.

This discussion has been closed.