PlotStyles V7 vs V8

I am currently using both V7 and V8.1.14. I am having problems using the monochrome plot style. In V7 everything prints as expected, however in V8 it is a true monochrome with all weights appearing to be the same much thicker (bold) weight when compared to V7. I have even copied the monochrome .stb and .ctb from the V7 directory to the V8 one with no change. Any input would be greatly appreciated.Jon

Comments

• V8 supports additional plotsettings which are not taken into account by V7, e.g. Plot Object Lineweights, Plot with Plot Styles, Plot Paperspace last. Notably the Plot with Plot Styles setting will likely result in entirely different prints. Perhaps this is what's troubling you? If not, please don't hesitate to file a support request with the drawing and the plot styles attached. Our analysts will be glad to help you out.Hans De BackerBricsys

• As of V8.1.14 build 10172 it seems as if the PlotStyle is being ignored. I want to use the monochrome.ctb but when I plot I am still getting all colors printed. When I edit the ctb it appears on the form view that all colors are mapped to black. This seemed to work in earlier build of V8. Has the plotstlye being ignored bug come back?Thx.Tim

• Did you verify if the 'Plot with Plot Styles' box is checked?

• Doh, I am an idiot! My real occupation is software development but I am real novice of actually using it!Thanks for the reply. Hopefully, before making another post I will have checked all the likely user errors!Thx again.

• I have about the same problem with plotting in V8. In version V7 the monochrome plot setting is saved and when opening a new drawing, the plotstyle is the same as the last drawing opened. In V8 every time i open a new drawing i must assign the plotstyle to get the monochrome setting. After that, V8 saves the setting in the drawing and after reopening it is fine. Is there a setting so in V8 the plotstyle is automatically the same even when it is a "new" drawing?

• Since a 'new drawing' is a copy of your template drawing, adjust the plot style table setting in the template drawing.You can also use the settings of the latest plot if you choose 'Use previous plot' from the 'Use settings from' combo box.

• Thank you for the quick reply but i am still struggeling...If i open an existing drawing made in V7, i every time have to check the "plot with plotstyles" box to get a full monochrome print. Is that normal?

This discussion has been closed.