Properties Bar V8

Does anyone know if there is a way of making the Properties Bar go away or behave as Entprop did, and having Select work as it did pre V8 (just click on something again to de-select)?Nice idea, but even on a 22 inch wide-screen I don't want to give over that much drawing area permanently to information.

Comments

• Maybe using use the command 'toggleproperties' and creating a keyboard-shortcut to it, might be what you look for?

• Sorry: that 'toggleproperties' is called a Tool ID. You should be able to get there by Customize - Keyboard. Then select or add your keyboard key and search for toggleproperties in the listing of Tool ID's.

• Thank you, that returns part of the previous functionality/efficiency by pressing an extra button, but it all seems fairly retrograde to me.

• Thanks, Gerrit! I've been looking for that toggle. I didn't find it because it's called "Properties" in the list of available tools, and you don't see the ID "toggleproperties" until you select it.For anyone else looking for it, it's the first of the two "Properties" tools under "Available tools > Modify" (in the Toolbars tab, not the Menus tab).If you want it to be a pull-down or pop-up menu command, you can right-click in any menu (on the left side of the Customize window, select "Insert item", then "Create new command" with "Toggle Properties" in the Title box and this in the Command box:$M=$(if,$(and,$(>,$(getvar,OPMSTATE),0)),^c^c_propertiesclose,^c^c_properties)Or if you want to type it at the command line, just put this function in your lisp file:(defun c:TP ()(if (and (> (getvar "OPMSTATE") 0)) (command "_propertiesclose") (command "_properties") ))

• I guess closing the Bar is not so different from V7, except that ESC would close Entprop and deselect the entity as well.

• John, if you want to do both at once, how about adding "propertiesclose" to the Cancel command at the top of the "Edit" context menu (the one you get whenever something's selected but no command is in progress).Just adding the command after ^c doesn't seem to work, but I found that this does work:(sssetfirst nil nil)propertiescloseOr to create a command that you can type in or macro to the Esc key or to some Fn key:(defun c:CP ()(sssetfirst nil nil)(command "propertiesclose"))

• Thank you, I try to avoid integrating customisations and add them all after the existing pop menus these days. It's too hard migrating otherwise.I am also trying to make my existing keyboard macros work after rewriting all my customised menus in mnu form and wondering whether any of it is worth the bother.

• Is there still that problem with keeping your custom menu when you install the latest update? I haven't installed the last 3 or 4 updates because I'm afraid I'll have to do my menu additions all over again. I've kept the additions all in one folder, but I'm not sure I understand how you're supposed to be able to migrate them, and I've read a couple of forum threads that said it doesn't really work yet.

• You can keep your customization safe by storing it in a separate .cui file (a so-called partial cui file). Partial cui files, once loaded, will be loaded each time Bricscad starts up, because the path and filename of the partial cui files is stored in the main cui file (default.cui). After an update that overwrites default.cui, you have to reload your partial cui files once.

• By the way, since version 8.1.18, the toolbars don't jump to their default positions anymore each time you make a change in the Customize dialog.

• I think the CUI system works, but like some Acad users approaching acad's cui introduction, I don't trust the ground not to shift again after investing time in CUI, so I went back to the old MNU way which could have served as a basis for storing and porting menus/customisations all along.Only thing is, keyboard customisations within the MNU don't seem to work.Additional menus partially loaded are ok, but customisations within the body of the factory menu are just too messy to integrate with each upgrade.Yes the toolbars not jumping all over the screen has at least made v8 usable.

This discussion has been closed.