Dynamic Blocks??

Hey Everybody,We are looking for a Autocad replacement so that we can switch to linux OS.But now i've tried Bricscad, but I'm missing the Dynamic Blocks from Autocad. Is it possible to use them?? Greetings,Arjan

Comments

• As far as I know, no. Briscad only fully supports supports Acad entities up through version 2002, even if the format of the file is 2007.In addition to dynamic blocks, non-supported entities also include tables. I don't have a complete list.However, Briscad does often display the non-supported entites via proxy objects, as long as the person creating the AutoCAD file has his computer set to save those objects. Even objects that don't display will survive a round trip... but that is sort of a trivial thing since you can't see or edit them.Joe Dunfee

• As with many here, I'm considering the switch to Brics, but the dynamic block issue is pretty significant. My workflow is still pretty similar to 14/2000i, when I re-started using acad after a long stint with Pro/E (I switched disciplines back in '99).One of the few enhancements we did pick up along the way was the dynamic block. It's a pretty big deal, and a time saver (or, perhaps, aggravation saver). We don't use tables, or many of the enhancements since 2004 (no tables, no sheet sets, we even skipped learning the CUI). Does anyone have a more complete list of the incompatible items? It would probably just as valuable as the list of compatibilities. Thanks.

• Dynamic Blocks is also pretty important for us. We would like to switch to BricsCAD if we can make it have the same functional efficiency as AutoCAD. Dynamic Blocks is one of those things that is keeping us from switching.

• I looking forward to the moment the dynamic blocks feature is supported. I agree it's a time saver.

• Add Multileaders to that list

• Is small chance or plan to support dynamic blocks in the future?It's very usefull thing, sometimes more than LISP.

• PASTE CODE HERE

s there no 3rd party developer with a plug in allowing the use of dynamic blocks? this is a deal breaker for meI

• Hi Everyone,

We have released a new add on product for Bricscad called Parametric2D, for adding parametric constraints to Bricscad drawings. You can find more information about it at http://www.3dbrains.com/Parametric2D.html, or on the Bricsys application area. Its got a convenient tool palette which you can use to add relational constraints like parallel, perpendicular, etc and dimensional constraints like length, radius, etc.

We suppose this should satisfy your requirements for dynamic blocks, and probably help you do much more than you could with dynamic blocks!

This discussion has been closed.