Mixed Mode DRX Module

Hello, I’m trying to make a mixed managed/unmanaged DRX module for Bricscad, and I am running into problems. I can compile, load and run the module, but upon closing Bricscad, the Bricscad process is not being terminated.Has anybody created such an animal? Bricscad V8.1.19-1-en_US, VS2005sp1, XPsp2. DrxSDK_2.04PS, I have uploaded a solution over at the ODA’s forum. Please help as my trial version is going to expire :)

Comments

• I was able was able to get this working although it’s not pretty. Is the ability to explicitly shutdown DRX/ARX modules is still under development?

• Hi Daniel,There are known issues with the process of shutting down Bricscad while applications are loaded. We will try to solve these as soon as possible.Can you check if it helps to unload your DRX module explicitly before shutting down Bricscad ?

• Thanks for the reply,I think the problem stems from me winding up the .NET framework inside the DLL. Since managed code can’t be explicitly unloaded, I wouldn’t be able to test this. However I did find that in a standard DRX module, it seems the SDS functions are unloaded before uninitApp() is called, I would guess there are some timing issues on what gets shutdown first. exampleclass MyDrxModule : public OdRxModule{ protected: MyDrxModule() {} void initApp() { AfxMessageBox( _T("Hi")); } //void uninitApp() { AfxMessageBox( _T("Bye")); }<<-- ok void uninitApp() { sds_alert( _T("Bye")); } //<<-- w00t crash :-0public: ~MyDrxModule() {}};

• For whoever is reading this forum thread:The issues with mixed .NET based applications are fixed in Bricscad version 8.2.8.

• Good Job Guys! The tests I’m running now, show this is working just fine! Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.