Plotting File Size Issues

Help: When trying to plot a 24x36 sheet to my HP DesignJet 755CM the plot file grows to about 300 MB before getting stuck. Then it is even difficult to delete the print job. Can anyone shed a little light?

Comments

• I notice that when I print. The print file is about 25 MB x the number of viewports. On a sheet where there is about 12 viewports the print file becomes about 300 MB. The size print jams any printer I have. Any comments? Does anyone else have this problem?

• Does this also occur on the recently released V8.2.5?

• I have the trial version (8.1.19 build 10460). Also I have to say that Bricscad is in a different class that the other intellicad products. It is so much more stable and well put together. I have been trying NUMEROUS other products. All the other products seem to be the same progam with small changes and the same problems.

• You can safely download and install V8.2.5: your V8.1.19 will be updated and your trial period will continue without change. We truly appreciate your positive impression after comparing with other products.

• That solved the problem! The speed on that print blew away any other cad program that I tried. I'm excited, I actually bought two seats of another cad program only to be let down by the program and the support group (I was in the PAID user support group too)! Here I receive help in the forum AND personal help in the upload section. Finally, a real SERIOUS Cad program. Keep up the good work guys.

• I ran into that problem as well with CMS Intellicad, so I've dropped support for these type of ICAD companies. Bricscad has provided great service! And if it works on bricscad it almost always works on ACAD... I can't test on ACAD because I don't have the $$$$$ to buy it. But this is very important, because I have sold several copies of my application to people who already have a copy of AutoCAD-Vanilla and AutoCAD Land Desktop users.Steve MarcottePresidentSeptiCAD, Inc.

This discussion has been closed.