Delaunay Triangulation for Bricscad

Just playing around with DRX, I ported a Delaunay Triangulation routine over to Bricscad .. in-case someone wants to play I have posted the source and module, over at the swamphttp://www.theswamp.org/index.php?topic=22104.msg266531#msg266531

Comments

• Daniel, How do I load that routine in BCAD? I'm only familiar with the LISP/DCL API... Are you related to any French-Canadian in Maine?Thanks,Steve Marcotte

• Hi Steve,You can load the Triangulator.drx file that is in the release folder of the source I posted, using the appload command -> add -> *.DRX , I should have noted that this was compiled for version 8.2.XX, To run it just type Triangulate and select point entities. >>Are you related to any French-Canadian in Maine?<< probably as most of my family is up in that area, .. in here somewherehttp://www.electroauthor.com/marcotte_genealogy/hormidas.htm

• i missed that folder.... duh..cool website... i didn't see any names i recognize.thankssteve

• Can't seem to find the code where you tie it into bricscad. Anyway, works great. Could you allow it to put the faces on the current layer.? or tell me the location in the code where I could play with these items.Thanks alot.

• Hi Jerry, I updated the code so it will draw on the current layer, I also moved some stuff around and made a couple of quick comments so you can see how things “tie” into Bricscad

• I really appreciate your tolerance of me. As I said C++ really confuses me. I'm used to pointing to some references to add and presto! With C++ you actually have to think in an organized fashion, which sometimes eludes me. Anyway, I have tried to rebuild your code so that I may include a triangle output file or group with no success. I have much to learn about programing, but I recognize that I am making an elementary mistake somewhere. The best I can do is an error window reading;1>c1xx : fatal error C1083: Cannot open source file: 'WIN32': No such file or directory1>Project : warning PRJ0018 : The following environment variables were not found:1>$(DRXINC)1>$(BRISDS)1>$(DRXLIB)Theswamp was down or I would have posted there.Some of this would seem to be the lib ^ include folders on your computer? WIN32 looks like a big problem!!!? I'm using C++ 2005 Express Ed.Any help would be appreciated.thanksjlj@goldrush.com

• Hi Jerry,Unfortunately, the express edition does not have all the required elements to compile this solution, you need the standard edition or better to build it “out of the box”However. You can try downloading the Windows Platform SDK, this will allow express to compile WIN32 applications.Another small issue is that the solution I posted uses MFC, which only ships with the standard edition or better. This is not a big deal as none of the code needs MFC to run, all we need to do is remove the MFC stuffLast, I like to use the windows environment variables to store the paths to the includes/libraries, this is how they resolve on my machine. $(BRISDS) = C:\Program Files\Bricsys\Bricscad\API\Sds$(DRXINC) = C:\DrxSDK_2.05\Include$(DRXILIB) = C:\ DrxSDK_2.05\lib\VC8mdGet that Windows Platform SDK installed (or get the standard+ edition), Make sure you have the DRX SDK 2.0.5. then we can work on the MFC issue.Dan

• What a download/install! About 5 hrs. for Win32 SDK. I downloaded the latest which was for C++ 2008 Express.. now I have too many errors to deal with. SDS.h appears to have around 15, Proto.h another 8 or so..What I had previously coded in VB.Net was using the same code from Bourke but was an .exe using automation. This allowed the demo window to float on Bricscad, with a button to select points, comit to drawing. My thought was to be able to eventually allow for edge flipping, boundary triangle elimination in the demo window before committing to the drawing. The intial stab at creating the TIN worked well using selectall as the selection set. It created the demo TIN which then could be committed to the drawing as 3DFace .. as yours. My problem was when I tried to allow for screen selection of the points, communication seemed to quit. Never returned to my .exe for processing.I appreciate your patience with me, for I haven't the same. C++ is surely for the brave. 50 files scattered about with possible errors in each is my idea of hell. The net framework may be the same in reality but I don't have to check them for errors (although I'm sure there are some). I think I'll try to find a way to stick with just a com interface.Someone should certainly produce a Civil program for Bricscad. The current options for civil cad are really limited and becoming more so.If you can see a way to port to C# what you have written, please let me know.Thanks much

• Hi Daniel,I'm very interested in your routine, but unfortunately I could not find the attachment in that forum. Could you please upload the file here?Thanks in advance.

• Hi,I would like too, but unfortunately that option is not available on this forum. Dan

• I think you will need to become a member of the site in order to see the link for the download file.

This discussion has been closed.