Can't open drawing

When opening drawing I get the following message: WARNING: ERROR WAS FOUND DURING OPEN. WE RECOMMEND THAT YOU CLOSE THIS DRAWING AND RUN DDRECOVER ON THIS ONE. WHEN I OPEN BRICSCAD AND TRY TO RUN RECOVER I GET THE SAME MESSAGE.

Comments

• All that has occasionally worked for me in the past is to insert it into an empty drawing file.It's unlikely anyone here knows what is wrong or what else to try, much better to attach the file to a support request.

• Yes, unfortunately this is a very common occurrence in our office now that we have switched to V8. I usually just attach the file to a support request and see what becomes of it. If you have a seat of AutoCAD you may be able to open the file with that and run AUDIT. That works sometimes for us.Support hasn't really been able to come up with solutions yet for us, but I'm sure they will eventually.

• In the dim past I have had the trouble with drawings from certain Acad users while having none with most others.Lately I have had trouble with a few in a set of Acad files, they would open but crash soon while just looking at them. Recover found the same errors each time it ran on them until I started reducing the files to get out just the parts I wanted.Strangely they seemed ok the first time I opened them. Those with a larger number (>~4) of pspace layouts seemed the worst. That was in V7 and I have not had any trouble with V8 though not sure if I have tried to open those same files in V8.Sometimes there are "non-entities" like empty text or lines of zero length which cause files to misbehave. Sometimes I find entities which seem to be "unflattenable", those occurrences are not new, but V8 seems to work very well for me.

This discussion has been closed.