Auto Unit Conversion

While in Architectural Units I used to be able to input 2.5' rather than 30" or 2'6". What changed? Is there a setting I'm missing or is this another speedup "feature"? I hope that this will not continue to be the case. Many of my drawings are derived from both Arch units & surveying data. Being able to on the fly put in the data in the format in which I receive it is a supper speedup for my work. Tell me how to remedy this situation.

Comments

• The Bricscad source code used to contain several local implementations of unit conversions. These implementations all were slightly different and a continuing source of maintenance headaches, so in V.8.2 we switched to using a single set of conversion functions in order to centralize maintenance and testing in one place. Apparently the new conversion tool has a shortcoming for Architectural units: we'll fix it with priority and add a unit test for this case.

• Thanks much.Used to be able to select text and trim to "bounding box". This seems to no longer work. I'm sure this is due to paring down of auto tools also.Maybe take a look. Sometimes the elegance of the code can make you loose sight of the purpose of being able to quickly express design ideas & draft intuitively.By the way ACAD isn't that great or I'd use it. Flexibility and customization is surely your goal or you would simply be an Acad reseller. Please don't compromise what was working in V7 simply to be compliant with ACAD object model.Love your software and am only hoping for the best.

This discussion has been closed.