Development docs?

Hello,I have seen reference to developer documentation but I am unable to find anything. Likely just a case of not seeing something right in front of my face... Could anyone shed some light on the location of the developer docs?I am working with Lisp and interested in exploring SDS and DRX or is that BRX?Thanks!

Comments

• Hi Greg,There is not much in the way of documentation for these API’s, For SDS, a good reference is the developers reference that used to ship with Bricscad, or the Intellicad Developer Reference that ships with Icad. I found it here http://www.icadsales.com/index.pl?iid=4062&isa=Category. While SDS is depreciated, most all of the functions are still useful/needed within the newer APIs (just as ADS was incorporated into ARX), it’s still worth learning these functions in depth.The documentation for DRX comes with the DRX SDK. Unfortunately, there are not many examples, but it’s still useful nonetheless. You can get it here http://www.opendwg.org/download/I have not seen anything on BRX yet so I can’t comment on it except to say that it’s supposed to be source compatible with ARX.

• We are in the process of updating the development documentation. By the end of May, we hope to make the updated developers reference guide available to you. It will be included in the Bricscad help file.In the mean time, if you need specific development information, please file a support request and we will try to help you out.Kind regards,mark van den berghBricsys

• Thanks to both...Especially for the provided links!

• Any news about developer docs? I'm specially interested in the com automation.Thanks

• I wonder if there is any news or updated time estimate for release of development documentation?Regards,Greg

• We are in the process of updating the COM help. It is planned to be included in the help project of the next release.

• Thanks for the reply...I guess the next release will be within a month or so?

• It seems the Docs are in 8.2.11. Good job!

• Cool...Now I have also requested the BRX SDK and docs I should have plenty to keep me entertained!I am finding Bricscad quite impressive in almost every use I put it to!

This discussion has been closed.