Client evaluation - Ubuntu startup crash

Hi Guys!We're doing a conversion to Linux for a client (Design Company, hence the need for a CAD application). For evaluation purposes we're attempting to install Bricscad under the following:Ubuntu 8.04Wine 0.9.59Gnome 2.22We call /opt/bricscad/icad and get a shedload of error messages, basically a crash dump to screen, and that's that.A simple howto would be most gratefully received!To install do [this]Adjust permissions to [that]Do some other stuffstart the application by doing [whatever]The client - needless to say - isn't happy. Thus, by implication, nor are we! :DOne word: "HELP!"

Comments

• As a follow up to myself for posterity;I forgot to add that I was trying to install the Linux version, but mentioning the /opt/bricscad location no doubt gave that away!Anyway, I installed the Windows version, and that wouldn't start. It just sat there.And then I think I understood why; my $HOME is an NFS share, and numerous applications dislike NFS shares they get all moody and refuse to run.I created a local user, stuffed the Windows executable in there and installed it & got it started with no issues.I can't create anything, but then again I'm CAD clueless. The client can get up to whatever tricks he likes in order to play with the trial app.Just thought I'd let the community know how this worked out. That said however, bring on the native Linux version guys....bring it ON! :D

• Well done, that's how it should work in an ideal world :)The wine/linux version is very stable and useable here, but does lack features in the windows version. Hopefully the native version is getting closer.

This discussion has been closed.