Can't install or run Bricscad with Ubuntu

I'm using Ubuntu Linux in two different PCs, but I can't install or run Bricscad.I have downloaded the .rpm version of Bricscad and I used Alien to covert it into a .deb package. This didn't work.Then I downloaded the tar.gz package, this didn't work either.My PCs are the ones detailed below:PC 1 - LaptopOS: Ubuntu 8.04 i386Wine Version: 0.9.59CPU: Celeron 1,73 GHzRAM: 1 GBGraphics: Mobile Intel, 256 MBPC 2 - DesktopOS: Ubuntu 8.04 x86_64Wine Version: 0.9.59CPU: AM2 64, 2200 MHzRAM: 2 GBGraphics: Nvidia GF 6000 seriesPlease help me. Thanks.

Comments

• maybe somebody alive here...what version of ubuntu did you use?I think you should unzip your tar.gz package to /opt

sudo tar -xvzf yourbricscadlinuxpackage.tar.gz -C /opt

[enter root password if asked]then start bricscad by typing this

/opt/bricscad/icad

and then if you have problems with it... you should post error log here or winehq.org at your taste...

• 1) unpack TGZ to /opt/bricscad directory2) if this is a trial, register a trial key for 30 days running a small registration app 'regapp', if this is not a trial , go to step 3)> cd /opt/bricscad> ./regapp3) run V6 application> cd /opt/bricscad> ./icad4) The trial version should start without any questions, the permanent version will ask the registration keyThere were some problems reported on startup, Ubuntu's specific ones (XInputExtension errros dumped to the console and the application failed to start, might be a problem with the tablet configuration). If you meet these problems a possible solution can be found athttp://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-298817.html

• The way I got it to work was to download the .tar.gz and unpack it to /home//Bricscad/. I then went to the /home//Bricscad/bricscad and click on "icad" it is a shell script file but it opened Bricscad on the spot and I have had no issues with it since.

This discussion has been closed.