Plotting

I'm trying to get my boss to purchase a large format plotter and was wonderingwhat everyone out there is using. What does everyone use for making copies ofthe plots and roughly how much does the equipment cost? Any and all commentsare welcome!

Comments

• I have a hp110plus 610mm wide. A little over $2000Aus + $400 for a roll feeder.Roll feed is great for multiple plots.It seems lightly made but has absolutely no problems moderate to light duty for about 2 years. Very reasonable on consumables.It has a tray for sheets down to A4 which didn't interest much, but lately the fashion is to send PDF's which clients either plot or send to a bureau. Now I do a lot of A3's and it does a great job.The ink deposit tank always bothered me with inkjets, though I have had no trouble with this one yet. An old hp had a foam pad which regularly filled up, but easy to get at. Instructions usually don't even tell you it has a cleaning tank. Another firm had an Oce plotter which regularly filled up an open top tray of about a quarter litre and dumped all over the floor. You couldn't carry it outside without spilling more.

• Tim,I would highly recommend the Canon iPF700 (iPF710 may be a newer model). I previously owned an HP500. The quality was pretty good, but it was slowwww! I replaced it with a iPF700. Very fast, fantastic quality prints. I liked it so much, we bought an iPF500 to produce 11x17 copies (replacing an HP30n). I have been using the Canon with a wide array of software, including BricsCAD, and have had no major problems.

This discussion has been closed.