Problems with Bricscad under Wine

Hi Folks!I've installed a trial version of Bricscad for a client of mine. It's a Windows version, running under Wine 1.1.0 on ubuntu 8.04. We're running the windows version because the client didn't want to step back and lose some features by installing the linux version.However, this installation is not without problems. I asked the client who is a CAD expert (I'm not, I'm just the integrator) to describe the problem in his own words which this community will recognize;The problem description is in Dutch, my apologies...

Het probleem dat wij met bricscad ondervinden is dat het programma na het geven van een commando of het aanduiden van een start- of eindpunt inactief wordt.De programmabalk wordt wit (hoort indien actief blauw te zijn). Door terug op de balk of in de commandlines onderaan het scherm te drukken wordt bricscad weer geactiveerd zodat je verder kunt gaan met je commando. Als je in het tekenveld drukt dan heb je een start- of eindpunt aangeduid op een onbedoeld punt of verkeerde lijnen geselecteerd.

Two other issues of less significance, but which should be reported anyway;1 At start up there is a tip of the day screen that pops up. In our situation this screen is empty.2 Between the command buttons that are vertically placed on side of the sreen the separation line between the buttons has its own full place. As a result, the command group is much longer than is should be.We would be most grateful for any feedback. This is a deal-breaker because if we can't solve the issues, the client cannot buy a Bricscad license...and there's no way he's willing to go backwards in time and return to a Windows OS...Regards & TIA,-Colin

Comments

• To get an answer, here's the problem translated into a understandable language:After giving a command to bricscad the program becomes 'inactive'. The (in our situation)blue programbar on top of the screen turns into white.You have to click on that bar again or you can click on the white area of thecommandlines to make the program active again.Clicking on the drawing the next step in the command is made. However you were not ableto point out the start- or endpoint (or edge or whatever you wanted to select) you wantedto have. It takes the point you clicked to get the program active again.This means a whole lot of clicking extra to get things drawn.

• This looks like a wine incompatibility. Wine has several issues. Try the latest version of wineto work with bricscad. Or else use the Linux version. It works fine on my CENTOS system.Henk Jan

This discussion has been closed.