Line type scales...

Hello,I have some lines in model space with a variety of linetypes. I have a layout tab with multiple viewports, each having a different scale. I want the line type pattern to be identical in each viewport, irrespective of the viewport scale. I also want to be able to have lines in blocks in paperspace with the very same pattern length.I believe LTSCALE = 1 and PSLTSCALE = 1 should result in the desired result.I am using Bricscad 8.2.11 and each viewport is displaying different length dash patterns for the same line.I received feedback in a different forum the confirms my belief within Autocad but I do not have access to Autocad to test.Can anyone clear up whether my expectation is incorrect or if this is something I should submit as a bug?Thanks,Greg

Comments

• I don't think there's any problem of compatibility. Whenever I look at my drawings in Autocad on a client's computer, the dashes look right.Psltscale is very confusing, and I remember it as being very confusing in Autocad, too. It's included in the list of system variables, so there should be only one value per file, or else one value for all files. But on the other hand there's a DXF code for it as a property of a layout -- dxf group code 70, flag 1 = psltscale of layout. But, contradicting that, I can't find any indication of an ActiveX property for layouts that would control the psltscale.In practice, I find that I can change psltscale to 0 in one layout, but then find it's still at 1 in another layout or in the model tab. So I assume it's actually a property of a layout.I couldn't tell from your description what you want to do. What I always want is for a certain line entity to consist of the same number of dashes when viewed in any viewport, and also in the model tab. To accomplish that, I set psltscale = 0 in all tabs. I set it in the model tab, because that seems to set it to 0 for all the layout tabs as well.Ltscale is different. It does act like a system variable, one that's attached to the file. It's a multiplier that's applied to the linetype scale properties of all entities in the file, and it shouldn't affect what you're talking about. If I temporarily don't want to see the dashes, so that I can snap to any point on a dashed line, I temporarily set ltscale to 1000.

• Thanks for the info Anthony.Hmmm... yes I knew I was not explaining myself well, so here goes after a bit more sleep ;)My goal is to be able to have a line pattern with a consistent length, i.e. 2mm dash on paper coming from each viewport regardless of the viewport scale.I did manage to get onto a couple AutoCAD machines. One was acad2002 while the other was acad2007. I was able to achive the desired result with both but the acad2002 seemed a little stubborn. Once the viewports were created and scaled differently with LTSCALE = 1 and PSLTSCALE = 1 I tried a REGEN and REGENALL but the display was inconsistent. I had to switch between the layout tab and the model space tab in order to get the linetypes displayed properly.I still cannot get my Bricscad to display linetypes the way I want but I now am pretty confident I am trying the right way. Oh well, I am off for some good old family time and will leave this problem until later tonight.Greg

• All right... maybe I'm a bit slow out of the blocks and all that...Bricscad will produce the hard copy correctly, it is just a display problem. The line types are not displayed consistently in viewports with different scales but the layout does appear to plot properly.Hmmm... I took waaaay too long to figure that out, I must be beyond my warranty period!Greg

This discussion has been closed.