hatch

is it someone who can tell me how to hatch selected area I find it very confusing I have been reading about it but can't get it to work

Comments

• The boundary needs to be a closed polyline. You may also need to scale the hatch pattern. AFAICR a warning appears on the CLI if the scale is too small.

• It doesn't have to be a closed polyline, you "should" be able to select every bounding entity and any inside text.Each entity must join or cross, however sometimes it won't work even when they do - then you have to draw a closed pline around it.If a block forms part of the boundary it will probably do that too (if it has an "inside" area) and you can't select just the desired enclosed areas as you could in V7. Again you have to do a pline.Sometimes it hatches just the text you specifically wanted to exclude - again you have to.... you don't have to draw a boundary, but it is quite often necessary.

• I always use the "Pick points in boundaries" option, and just click once anywhere inside the area that I want to hatch. The boundary can be made up of any type of entities, and can be a mixture of different types. The only requirement is that the area to be hatched has to be completely enclosed by entities.Sometimes I have to select "Islands" = "Outer" (the middle choice). That's necessary when there are a lot of islands inside the overall hatch area. An island is a non-hatch area inside a larger hatch area.And sometimes I have to set a smaller scale, when the hatch area is very small.

• In order to have a closed boundary the entities must join or overlap. If not, the hatch cannot be created, unless you increase the maximum gap between two boundary entities in the Boundary Tolerance field.

This discussion has been closed.