Mtext size

When I open V7 drawings i V8 the mtexts dont scale the same vertically.Am I the only one with this problem? I have a few thousand V7 compatible drawings.Currently 8.2.11 still not in live use.Patrik

Comments

• It is indeed possible that the display is slightly different from V7: we are striving for a fully autocad-compatible display... On the other hand, there is always the possibility that you hit on an unintended difference with V7: we will be glad to verify this if you file a support request and attach a sample drawing.Kind regards

• Guys !Just for your info. Be aware of this when you upgrade.All my notes expand downwards into my drawing head when I bring up pre V8drawings in V8.This is supports answer.I'm sorry for misunderstanding.Yes, V8 renders SHX and TTF fonts differently from V7 because V8 is more compatible with AutoCAD. Since V8 fonts are rendered exactly as in AutoCAD. It means that all texts made in V7 will appear differently on most configurations of AutoCAD and V8.Workaround: If you want to use a font, the vertical display height of which is the same in AutoCAD,V8 and V7, you can use TXT.SHX.Good luck

• I had not noticed, but just checking one of my files in each the notes column seems to scale the same height. Perhaps that's because I have used ISOCP2.shx from Acad, exclusively for a long time (it was available as a free download so I suppose that's ok).Maybe you could redirect yours to use a better fitting font by manipulating the fmp file? Just a suggestion.I have noticed dimensions seem to adopt TXT.shx while placing or moving. Because TXT characters are bigger than ISO fonts the text positioning is sometimes not the same as if the dimension used an ISO font. Oh and then they change themselves if the file goes back to V7.

• We understand that this slightly different font display brings initial frustration, but we hope it is comforting to realize that now your drawings will no longer look different (bad?) every time they are displayed or printed with Autocad.

• I agree that it is very important for drawings to be portable. I also recognize there will be tweaks and improvements in a product developing at the rate of Bricscad.I also appreciate being informed of potential inconsistencies that may be introduced when transitioning between versions of software. Are these sorts of inconsistencies listed in the knowledgebase somewhere and maintained as new information becomes available?I am new to Bricscad with v8 but I would like that level of awareness when v9 and subsequent releases hit my desk.Regards,Greg

This discussion has been closed.