Ubuntu-Bricscad lost

I had Bricscad V8 Classic running on Ubuntu 8.04 under WineHQ 1.1.4-all was good on my Toshiba U300, a bit slow but functional. Tempting fate I ran an install of Bricscad V9. Both are now installed but neither will load-no failure messages just an attempt to run but never gets to the opening Bricscad window in either release. Any ideas? Originally I discovered that the pro version would not work on this setup but the classic would...? Perhaps a video failure?Thanks,James

Comments

• While I did retrieve Bricscad and get it running again it just isn't a viable producvtion alternative to run through a wine application. It's just slow and cumbersome when compared with the direct MS platform. We all seem to hold out for the promised native linux platform but it's getting more and more difficult to remain faithfully to the Bricscad platform in light of all the hype and lack of soild product.

• Hi James,I refer again to the post "new version" #23 on this Bricscad LINUX forum. There is no reason to change any statement I made there. We are working hard on it.I hope you stay with us.Thanks erik

• Thanks for putting up with those of use having difficulty waiting. Seems the linux community is ever growing these days. We're ready for a real cad program....Bricscad would appear to be the golden calf here and we're all banging at the door hoping to be admitted. I appreciate the effort..I'll be here when the door opens, perhaps slightly frustrated but here none-the-less.James

• Eric - where is reply #23. I can only see four repliesin the window and there is no page designator visible so I can scroll forward. I am using Ubuntu 8.04

• @Arield Jensenlook at "new version" topic> #23 posted by Erik De Keyser

This discussion has been closed.