Text on Layouts

I'm new to Bricscad and find it fairly easy to use but I am trying to add text to an A4 layout which will be a 1-2 joinery detail. I do not want the text in model space but on paper space so the model is uncluttered. I have tried and tried to place the text but it becomes invisible when I click ok! Please what am I doing wrong?

Comments

• This is a follow up to my earlier post. I have still not found a way of placing m text but can place single line text. But of course I want to write lines of specification and would rather not have to do this on the model. I do hope someone can tell me how to do this. Seems strange that one type of text works but not the other.

• Same here, but the mtext is actually created in Mspace not in Pspace as intended.If you can find it in Mspace, CtrlX cut and Paste it into Pspace then you can use it there.I don't think it's correct behaviour, why don't you submit it as a support request?BTW notes and dimensions in Pspace which apply directly to the model, are not very popular since the model can be moved around in the viewport and they lose integrity. Many drawing standards ban using entities in Pspace for anything but the border and title block. It might be better to put notes in Mspace on a layer you can freeze and thaw.

• The new mtext editor places all new mtexts in modelspace. Editing existing text is ok. We're preparing an update with a fix. Meanwhile please create mtexts in paperspace with '-mtext' and then doubleclick to edit it. Our apologies.

• About creating associative dimensions in paperspace, this is dimension model space entities in a layout. If the viewport scale has changed, use the DIMREGEN command to update the associative dimensions.

This discussion has been closed.