Print PDF Drawing

Hi,I would like to print PDF drawing file with a little program freeware other thanadobe acrobat reader.In fact i create PDF file with PDF Creator and then i would like now print these files on my old printer A3 with an old version of windows system.Is there not freeware program able to print pdf file under old version of windows system ?THX RSTAS

Comments

• I assume you have a problem with Adobe Acrobat version. If so there is an option under the PDF section of PDFcreator where you can alter the compatibility from Acrobat 3.0 (PDF 1.2) thru 5.0 (PDF 1.4)

• In fact, i would like print with an old printer A3 IBM Lexmark 4072, but this printer is working only under Win98. In win 98, i can only install adobe acrobat reader 5 wich has not all the options of the latest adobe acrobat reader.Then i would like a freeware program running under win98 able to send to this old printer the pdf files.THX RSTAS

• If you can work out if the Lexmark emulates another printer still current in Windows, like one which uses HPGL2 (I'm almost out of my depth here), you can install that in your new system as a new printer and will probably get an option in Icad using that printer driver to "print to file".That should produce a .PRN file which you can even "copy" to say LPT1: in DOS (if you had to) or a DOS window in W98.There might be a better or more polished way, it's not pretty, but it used to work up to and including W98 when there was still DOS and I could even send files to a computer nothing but an operating system.

• Hi Richard,I have used Foxit on older machines for general usage, not sure how it does when output quality is important and I'm not sure it they still support Win98 but take a look.Greg

• Thanx to all. Foxit reader works very fine on my older system.If i understand John, i could use my old printer under windows Xp ...It will be interesting ... I will give a tryThx - RSTAS

• If you can do that, you might find a driver which will work for the Lexmark in XP. There are fewer choices than in previous Windowz, but HPGL2 is still there under HP. That one used to be fairly versatile. Then you can just print straight to it from any application... I think.

This discussion has been closed.