natural bricscad for linux WHEN?

Hi all, Bricscad people...today is 12th of November 2008I on the way to choose CAD... I have two possibilities now... their based on intelliCAD technologyfor now is no possibility to run natural CAD at linux... So my decision is run wine bricscad or to run windows in VirtualBox OSE and CAD in it....I understand that bricsys is not a students of primary school, so you should have a plan. You work on linux version 5 years... and almost 1 year we hear about working on natural linux version. I am sure you have plan of release date.... Can you share to us officially dead line of this plan? I want to know dead line of the project we named "Natural Linux Bricscad"I am do not want push on you or hurry you, noway... but I should know(I think other people too). Is this month, year, five years or ten years...if I have this date I will make decision... on buying license at software... My own business depends from CAD drawing software...

Comments

• Hi Andrey,I guess you are alluding on a "native LINUX CAD" (no interpreter needed such as WINE). Please go to the topic "new version" in this forum and scroll to #23. I have explained the actual situation about it. It may surprise you but we don't want to put a deadline on it. The only hint: we are not talking about years any longer...Thanks for your interesterik

• Hi EricThank you for your reaply... I am glad to hear that it one-two years :)

• it was problem with fingers+keyboard... :)the main...I am start last testing of v6 version. And get some problems not big but that stop me to use bricscad v6.it looks all now fine with last wine 1.1.8 and bricscad v6 except:1. I could not have working open dialog and save dialog... 2. In laptop i have ATI video... and bricscad v6 works bad on it... I use 8.10 catalyst from ati site...3. What is WINEPREFIX of v6 BricsCAD i need to add my ttf fonts...and some others...please somebody help me with at least 1.--I really want to buy one copy license of v6 in short time.

This discussion has been closed.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Click one of the buttons on the top bar to get involved!