using multiple grips in drawing modification

Comments

• Sorry, had a user malfunction, and hit enter instead of tab...The question I have is, are there any plans for an enhancement to allow multiple grips to be selected for use with the move, stretch, copy (and other) commands? This enhancement would have a dramatic impact on the efficiency of BricsCAD users at my company.

• Hi,I too would very much like to see support for multiple grip selection in BricsCAD. Please let me make sure we're talking about the same thing.For example the four grips of a closed rectangular polyline appear when it is selected. The behavior I am familiar with would be the ability to select all four grips and move them as a group (rather than one at a time as you can now). This is effectively an alternative for the Move command. If you select say two grips and move them that is an alternative Stretch. Is that the behavior you have in mind as well?This kind of grip editing can be quite a bit faster in some situations. It would be great to see it added to BricsCAD.Phil

• You nailed it right on the head. That is exactly what I'm talking about. There are instances when using stretch, or move or even copy is too difficult to use, because of having so many entities in an area of a drawing. Having the ability to use the grips, allows you to select the specific entity you need to modify, and do what you need to do.

• It would also be great if the grips editing allowed you to do more than stretch like in AutoCAD. Currently all it does for me is stretch one grip at a time.

• In ACAD using "shift" and then clicking on the grips you want to utilize for stretching, or whatever function you are trying to use...something like that in BricsCAD would be wonderful.

• I asked the same question some time ago and the answer that came back was not an optimistical one. Bricsys will look into this for the future but they will not put any emphasis on it.

• For your information: work on extending the grip-edit functionality is scheduled for the summer of 2009. It is encouraging to see there is considerable interest for this item.

• Thank you Hans, it is good to hear that this is scheduled to be handeled. I also want to take this opportunity to compliment the Bricsys staff, on not only their high level of commitment to support for the users of their software, but also on their eagerness to listen to user input concerning their software. It is very seldom, that we as users are considered, in the development of a product. Most of the time, developers take a "you need us, we don't need you" mentality. So, KUDOS to you all !

• I want to echo Shawn Berry's most recent post (#9 in this thread) 100%. As someone new to BricsCAD the responsiveness, commitment, etc. of Bricsys staff is most impressive.

This discussion has been closed.