V9 complex linetypes

Where V8 used to load complex linetypes from my .lin file, V9 just gives me an error message "Error loading (line name): Undefined line type." Anyone else having the same problem and, more importantly, any solution?

Comments

• Can you please post a support request and attach this .lin file? We will investigate why it no longer loads, apply a fix, and add an automated test to cover this issue.

• i'm having a problem with V9 and complex linetypes... these two for treelines do not work. i will post a support request too...steve

*TREELINE_L, Tree Line left sideA,0,-.13,[TREE,AECCLAND,s=.13],-.12*TREELINE_R, Tree Line right sideA,0,-.13,[TREE,AECCLAND,s=.13,r=180],-.12
  • These complex line type definitions refer to shape files (.shx) from which they use shapes.Probably these .shx files are in a folder that is in your V8 support path, but not (yet) in your V9 support path?Admittedly, the prompt that appears upon a failure to load a linetype is uninformative. We will improve it to provide better information why a linetype fails to load.

• I think I saw the same message a while ago when I opened a drawing with linetypes having a dependency on a non-existent text style also. It was not too hard to sort out but if the messaging is improved for shape file dependencies perhaps consider text styles also.Regards.

• Developing software must be like outrunning the snowball that never stops growing and picking up speed as it races downhill!

• Yes, Hansmy problem was not copying my Fonts folder from V8 to V9... thanks....

This discussion has been closed.