Briscad v6.0.0020: shade does not show anything

Hi to all,I am evaluating Briscad (have gone through Varicad also). I was actually looking for a 3D modeller with good CAD support (similar to Rhinoceros, Blender is out of question due to lack of proper CAD tools), as I usually do scientific instruments but have drawing people for the final machine shop drawings.I tried the Briscad v6, which is the version that is "for linux". Running Ubuntu 8.10 AMD64, with ubuntu-wine (1.0.1-0ubuntu2_amd64) on a Core Duo 2 T7200, graphics GM945 with DRI running fine.I loaded the ISS sample, tried "View->Shade" and only got a streaky window. Same with another 3D model I have exported from Rhinoceros. Is this a know issue with v6? should I download Windows Briscad v9 and install it with wine?Thanks in advance,Juan

Comments

• are Rhinoceros has CAD tools?blender is very good for me with such tasks... hint with blender precision modeling keywords...As for 3D in almost all CAD i did not use this from time I found blender...AFAIK rhinoceros have no plans mov'n to linux so why you so boiled with it if you look@tux?

This discussion has been closed.