ODA DRX custom object

Hello. I am trying to port my application from autocad to bricscad. The problem is Bricscad doesn't support dynamic blocks so I would like to know if it at least supports custom entities developed with Open Design Aliance DRX SDK. For now I have tried to implement the AsdkSmiley they offer as an example. So far so good but it shows up as "Unknown entity" when I insert it into the drawing so it can't be edited.If you are unfamiliar with the AsdkSmiley example, the entity enherits from OdDbEntity class and appears like a smiley figure with some grip points (a circle, a hatch, some line objects). In Bricscad for the moment I can't use the grip points and it doesn't show the properties it should in the property page. It's more like a picture.Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Hi Vlad,To port your ARX application, we advise to use our BRX SDK instead of the DRX SDK.The BRX SDK is code compatible with ObjectARX, so you don't need to convert your codeto DwgDirect/DRX. And BRX supports advanced topics, such as custom objects and entities.You can read all about it in our online developer reference athttp://www.bricsys.com/bricscad/help/en_US/V9/DevRef/I recommend to read the "DRX" and "BRX" sections.Best regards,Luc De Batselier

• Thank you Luc. I read the articles and I also was contacted by someone from Bricsys. I hope I can get BRX SDK soon.Best regards,Vlad Balan

This discussion has been closed.