VBA will not inatlize after 9.2.7 update

After updating to 9.2.7, on starting Bricscad, I get a message that VBA initalization failed. VBA portions of addon programs such as from DotSoft do not run now and windows generates an error message that VBA may not be installed. There were no problems running VBA prior to the update. Trying to access Security under the Tools tab generates the same error.I have tried a repair install but the problems continue. All settings indicate that VBA is installed. I have put in a service request, but I thought I would ask if any one else may have had a similar problem?Vince

Comments

• I have exactly the same situation you describe. I guess there will be soon a fix available for this, as support team have been informed and working on it.

• I have just upgraded to 9.2.7.1 and VBA is working fine.

• As with John my VBA is working fine from within Bricscad 9.2.7.I cannot create an instance of BricscadApp.AcadApplication from MS-Excel. Might this be related to the problem above? I did set references to Bricscad app 1.0 and Bricscad DB 2.6 references 'll send in a support request.

Option ExplicitSub TestCreateBCad() Dim objACAD As AcadApplication Dim objDWG As AcadDocument Set objACAD = New BricscadApp.AcadApplication Set objDWG = objACAD.ActiveDocument objDWG.SaveAs "C:\TMP\TEST.DWG" objACAD.Quit Set objDWG = Nothing Set objACAD = NothingEnd Sub
  • Hello, we have indeed found a problem when trying to create a Bricscad application object from an external application. We will release a priority builld containing the fix, and we will extend our automated test system to support this kind of 'external' tests. Thanks for your valued feedback.

• At the risk of a "me too" response re attempting to run DotSoft on BC 9.2.7...."me too!". I.E. I get the same problem.Have had some communication with BC folks and with T. Dotson. Dotson indicated the problem is with the latest build of BC which confirms what has been said. I was able to uninstall 9.2.7 and reinstall 9.1.8 (with lots of cold reboots) and get back to proper operation of ToolPak, XL2CAD and WD2CAD.Looking forward to a fix for the new BC.Best, Robert

• I have the same problem.I use AutoCAD since many years and I 'drive' it from MS Access and VBA.Next week I get a new Server-system and I want to change to BricsCAD because of its good price.I installed a test system only with XP, BricsCAD 9.2.7-1 and Office Pro 2007 and nothing else.During debugging BricsCAD crashed and I started the repair and then uninstalled and reinstalled BricsCAD.Now I am unable to start BricsCAD again.How can I get the latest version of BricsCAD with a stable VBA?When do you expect to solve the problem with VBA?(I dont want to pay a fortune for the new AutoCAD again:)Thank youRainer Lothmann

• We have found the cause of the VBA initialization problem and applied a fix. At present we are testing the new build. If successful it will be released later today, else in the coming days.To stay informed about new Bricscad releases you can subscribe to the following RSS feed http://www.bricsys.com/en_INTL/home/rss.jsp (information about how to subscribe to an RSS feed is provided on the same page)Best regards

• Thank you Hans for the fast reply.I found the V9.2.8 download some minutes ago and updated it.Now BricsCAD and VBA works fine!Have a nice weekendRainer Lothmann

• Ok, then the problem you encountered was the one mentioned in one of my previous posts above: with V9.2.7 it was not possible to create a Bricscad application object from an external application like MS-Access. That problem has indeed been fixed in V9.2.8. The upcoming V9.2.9 on the other hand, contains a fix for an initialization problem with VBA applications that are loaded using (vla-dvbload).

This discussion has been closed.