adding new hatch (pat) files

I am somewhat new to cad and need some help adding new hatch patterns to bricscad. I have downloaded patterns from manufacturers and copy/paste them into the default Bricscad pattern file using wordpad , but cannot find them. They do not show up in the dialog box or when using the _hatch command at the command line and typing in the name of the hatch. Could someone walk me through the procedure for adding new hatch patterns? ThanksChas

Comments

• In the above post I refered to using the _hatch command to use command line entry. I should have typed -hatch. Still hoping for an answer.

• It should work as you described, if you mean you're pasting the hatch definition language into "default.pat" in the user support folder for the right user and the right version of Bricscad. However....I just tried it in v8.2.12 and couldn't get it to work at first. I know it worked before, and I could still use the hatch patterns I added before, but any new patterns I added today didn't show in the pattern selection palette. But then I tried it in v9.1.7, and it worked fine there. Then I tried it again in v8 and then it did work there! But after I shut down v9, I went back to v8 and once again I couldn't see the new patterns that I added today.I have no idea what's going on there. Maybe installing v9 did something that messes up hatch definitions in v8 unless v9 is running.Are you using v8? If you're using v9 and it's not working, the only other thing I can think of is maybe you should post one of the hatch definitions that aren't working for you, so someone else can try it and see if it works for them.

• I amd using vers. 9, I will post the hatch file when I get back to the office. Thanks for the help, Anthony.Chas

• This is what you can read about hatch patterns in the Bricscad Help:The pattern files sit in the Support folder of the current user.The MEASUREMENT setting controls which hatch pattern file will be used. - Imperial: uses Default.pat- Metric: uses Iso.patSupport folder path on Windows XP is:C:\Documents and Settings\\Application Data\Bricsys\Bricscad\V8\en_US\SupportSupport folder path on Windows Vista is::\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Bricsys\Bricscad\V8\en_US\Support

This discussion has been closed.