DTM - Digital Terrain Modeling

We have been using Quicksurf in AutoCad for DTM.I could not find any references to DTM's in the discussion forums.I am running a trial version of BricsCad and cannot load the ARX-objects of QSIs there a more suitable solution in the market for BricsCad?

Comments

• Check our supported application list at http://www.bricsys.com/common/applications/applicationlist.jspIf you do a keyword search for DTM, you will find different applications available.The ARX objects that you try to load, need to be recompiled with our BRX SDK before they can work.For more information on porting ARX modules, check our online developer referencehttp://www.bricsys.com/bricscad/help/en_US/V9/DevRef/See the "BRX" section.Kind regards,Luc

• Did you ever get Quicksurf working in Bricscad Arthur?  I am looking to do the same thing.

We have been using Quicksurf in AutoCad for DTM.
    I could not find any references to DTM's in the discussion forums.
    I am running a trial version of BricsCad and cannot load the ARX-objects of QS
    Is there a more suitable solution in the market for BricsCad?

• Hi Arthur / James,

You may want to take a look at our GeoTools software for BricsCAD.

It has a whole lot of civil drafting tools and utilities like cross-sections, graded lines, labeling, area calcs, map grids and more (see attached command list).

There is also a basic DTM routine (Delauney triangulation) running on Lisp which is good for small to medium data sets.

Regards
    Rakesh Rao
    http://www.coordsys.com

FDT_GT_CP_ToolList.pdf

• Quicksurf is a pretty powerful application with many options/ routines.
    It does far more than many add-ons I have seen.

I use it for all my work but in an Intellicad based survey program.

• I am trying to find out more about your basic DTM package.  Cannot find anything on your site...

Quicksurf is a pretty powerful application with many options/ routines.
    It does far more than many add-ons I have seen.

I use it for all my work but in an Intellicad based survey program.

•  Thank you Rakesh, but I agree with Richard.  Quicksurf is a very powerful program that can work with large data sets and has great flexibility.  How did you get working in an Intellicad based program Richard?

• sorry for late reply James
    I use Microsurvey that is Intellicad based.
    Whilst it uses Quicksurf for its modelling etc I was told some years back not all the features are included, but I haven't found it lacking and have done many road, dam and building pad designs, contours and volumes etc.
    I just wish Microsurvey was Bricscad driven.  I made the suggestion but it's not going to happen.
  • Thanks Richard, makes sense.  Microsurvey and Carlson are both Intellicad based.  I have been running the full blown ARX based Quicksurf under AutoCAD release 14 for years and it works well (virtualizing Win 2K and XP with VMware is a wonderful thing).  Too bad we didn't have the option to run those programs or Quicksurf under BricsCAD (which I agree would be better).  It would be worth someone's effort to recompile the programs with the BRX SDK.  I tried signing up as a developer (following Luc's suggestion) and haven't heard back.
  •  @James: Signing up as a developer won't actually help you unless you have access to the source code to recompile against the BRK SDK.  The best thing you can do if this program is that great, is to email the Quicksurf developers and emplore them to start supporting Bricscad.  Hopefully given the increasing maturity of the SDK this shouldn't be too much effort for them.  The only thing it should cost them is time :)
This discussion has been closed.